3 Things to Add to Your Water for Better Health
We all know it’s important to drink water daily, but do we actually know how many benefits there are, especially when adding things to it? Water can help perform so many tasks including: clearing out bacteria, providing oxygen to the cells, aiding in digestion, and protecting the organs. Yet, it can feel so difficult sometimes to consume the minimum intake for my body weight. Am I the only one?
Waking up with the intention of staying on the healthy hydration track, but getting consumed by the smell of coffee and daily tasks can seems to take over. So, setting reminders and trying out different things to incorporate in my water is key! Choosing water based on its PH level, like Essentia water, is super beneficial to your overall health, and will include benefits such as:
- Removes harsh chemicals and metals through a 3-step water purification process.
- Prevents dehydration due to the infusion of electrolytes; moving nutrients into the cells.
- Helps your nervous system function properly.
Now, if water doesn’t appeal to you as is, here are 3 things that you can add to make drinking water a little more fun!:
- Lemon wedges – you can either squeeze lemon juice alone or add its wedge to receive a dose of high vitamin C. The minerals assist with kicking your digestive system into gear as it detoxes, helping with constipation and bloating, boosts the immune system, and even helps clear your skin.
- Turmeric – Lately, this has been my favorite! You can find this in either powdered, grated turmeric root, or liquid tincture form. It is an acquired taste that you can ease down by mixing with lemon water. Filled with benefits like boosting immunity, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties, adding turmeric helps our skin to look more radiant and reduces symptoms of bloating.
- Cucumber– Great for helping maintain acne-free skin because it is high in vitamin B-5. Cucumber water is best after an intense workout! It contains silica which is a mineral that keeps our muscles healthy.
So, let’s see if we can get a water challenge going and fill our bodies with everything we need to function at our best!