4 Free Mental Health Apps & Resources
Mental health has been a rising topic since the pandemic, and for good reason. Bringing awareness and acceptance to sharing our emotions, struggles, past experiences, and thoughts is an important step towards being comfortable with who we are and what we have been through. We wanted to share some free resources that are accessible for anyone who is not able to seek therapy elsewhere, pay for sessions, or is not ready to share with others.
Mental health apps are useful and effective to improve your mindset and open up an opportunity to express yourself without any pressure. A healthy coping mechanism that you can take advantage of from your phone and whenever you feel like it.
We have included topics of discussion to explain what each app was designed for:
(Click the titles to download the app)
- Journal-based platform driven towards having more meaningful discussions about everyday thoughts.
- Provides fill-in-the-blank questions to help you think a little more in-depth.
- Increases your life engagement and participation and helps with intention setting.
- Allows you to interact with your friends and meet new people through the app’s community.
- Posts are only visible to your friends unless you answer a question asked through the club, which will then connect you to others.
- Created to help users shift their way of thinking to reduce anxiousness by using cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Challenges your old way of thinking using belief experiments.
- Provides guided prompts to help note down your fears and challenges that take you outside of your comfort zone.
- Features a thought journal, different guided meditations, quick relief if you’re feeling overwhelmed, as well as mood tracking.
- Directed towards tackling negative thoughts and creating better habits.
- Asking questions about everyday occurrences to focus on something else other than the current issue.
- Helps users manage their emotions and walks them through different approaches to bring them back to reality.
- Includes guided exercises, inspirational reminders, and specific breathing methods.
- Designed to take you out of the cycle of depression and helps you see the world from a different perspective.
- An app featuring a range of digital mindfulness and meditation exercises geared towards users who are beginning their mental health journey and want to increase self-awareness.
- The results and progress come with practice and patience. Now since everyone’s schedule looks a little different this app helps incorporate reminders throughout the day and exercises that are easy to read and do wherever you are.
- Focused on helping you feel good mentally and physically through each session with movement and different sounds.
- Relieves the pressure of worrying about the past or future, and keeps you in the present moment.