Here are some tips to help you maintain a healthy work life balance to avoid burnout.
1. SET CLEAR BOUNDARIES. Don’t take your work home. Limit time-wasting activities and people. Enjoy weekends and vacations. Unplug from technology that will distract you from work. Embrace the “off” button.
2. MANAGE YOUR TIME. Make sure you understand your peaks and troughs. If you’re a morning person, assign high-concentration tasks to the mornings and vice versa. Prioritize tasks. Pace yourself. Let go of perfectionism. If you’re so fixated on achieving perfection, you will spend too much time on that and not enough time doing what you actually need to be doing.
3. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY. So you can work efficiently. That means getting enough sleep, eating well, and exercising. You want to make sure you’re physically at your best so you can operate at 100%.
4. WORK ON YOUR MINDSET. Understand it’s okay to take a time-out. It’s okay to ask for help. You need the breaks to reset and reignite the fire.
5. CREATE A ROUTINE. Build 3 routines: a morning, workday, and nighttime routine that embodies everything we’ve just talked about and stick to it. Developing a daily routine can help us to feel more in control of everything and make room for all that’s important.