As we get older, our priorities start to shift, and we start to break down what is really worth our time and if it adds value or not. Now, that doesn’t always come so easy when dealing with busy schedules, events, business planning, and deadlines, so I wanted to design a way to make things fit seamlessly into your routine without leaving room for wasted time.
I think it’s safe to say we all procrastinate, convincing ourselves that we have plenty of hours to get it all done. Planning isn’t for everyone, but when you utilize planning tools, such as the Soulwork Planner, overtime your efforts become habits making procrastination a new part of your past.
- Generalize your tasks – write down the projects, bills, tasks, or even personal goals that you would like to execute each month, with realistic deadlines and sections for each. The positive energy you receive from organizing these items by priority and crossing them out once they’re completed can be extremely moving.
- Define your tasks – set your daily goals or create a daily to-do list to break down each task with details that will help guide you, so you don’t miss anything in-between.
- Be honest with your time – mentally and physically prepare yourself for the task at hand by defining how long it will realistically take to complete. It is one thing to want to finish something in 1hr but to actually complete it in 2hrs. Set yourself up for success by being honest and true to you.
- Set constant reminders – this will guide you in the direction of moving forward and shift your focus to what you have to get done in order to see that bigger picture. Write down little reminders wherever your working space is to set yourself up for success and the right attitude to go after it all.
- Weekly check-in – is a way for you to reflect and check your mindset and how you feel overall, while going over what you have completed for the week. Leading into questions of how well you have done, how do you feel about your work, as well as how you can improve moving forward?