Full Moon Ritual: 3 Things to do During the Full Moon
There is something so freeing in discovering more about yourself. There can be great enjoyment in the idea of awakening your spiritual side by following the rituals that guide you there. A feeling of connection to the universe can be created. It is a beautiful experience that I think more people should partake in and uncover.
A great time to connect with the universe is during the rejuvenating full moon. A full moon embodies the highest point of the lunar cycle and can be used to either focus on manifesting what you want or to release everything that isn’t meant for you. So, I’m here to tell you that it’s worth testing out!
Before we start, there are a variety of rituals to choose from. There’s no right or wrong way to do this, but remember to reset your mind and remain open. Free it of any issues or draining energy that seems to follow.
Here’s a few of my favorites to practice during a full moon:
All you need is a piece of paper and pencil.
- Find a quiet place that you feel comfortable in. You can set the mood however you please and begin to write down your manifestations. Ask yourself, what do you want to release? What do you want to bring into your life? What has held you back?
- These are considered your full moon wishes for this month. Now, place your list in a jar or inside an item so it sits in the moonlight. You can bring your list inside the next day and place it somewhere that holds meaning to bring your wishes to fruition.
Gather your ethical and sustainable herbs from a trusted shop (typically done with sage in cultural practices but you can use rosemary, cinnamon sticks, or even lavender).
- So to begin, light your herb bundle, and carry them through each space inside your home or space of your choice, making sure to get every area filled.
- Burning rosemary is a good alternative since it represents a fresh start and new opportunities – sage is traditionally used in indigenuious ceremonies, however they are so overly produced that it has risked the extinction of this resource.
- When clearing the space, it is important to repeat different mantras, reminders, or even little prayers throughout. Honing in on what your true intentions are and what you will no longer accept.
- Once you have made your way through, air out the old energy and allow everything new to flow in.
You’d be surprised that this process is quite calming, all you need is a jar filled with water.
- Place the water outside to soak up the moonlight throughout the night. This ritual is typically known for cleansing your body and home.
- In the morning, you can either choose to sip this water daily, water your plants, or even refresh your face by adding in an essential oil to the water and applying it to your skin all while reflecting on your created manifestations.