We’ve talked about New Moon and Full Moon rituals, but what about pre-travel rituals? As important as it is to be mindful and intentional during your travels, you can also incorporate practices based around this mindset to help prepare yourself for all that is to come on your new adventure.
Here is my pre-travel routine to help me awaken my body and mind before taking on the skys.
Eat Clean & Consciously
- Cleansing the body with veggies, fruits, & juices.
- Hydrating with water, as well cabbage and lettuce based meals.
- This prepares the body for the deliciously healthy & unhealthy foods I will enjoy on my trip.
At Home Fitness
- Pilates on my yoga mat.
- Taking virtual classes – limiting my drive time, emission, and contact with people.
- Warming your body up with exercises and loosening your muscles with stretching will help you take on the potential travel stress you may endure.
Create a Travel List
- Create a “Must-have” list.
- Create a list of items you may normally forget if they are not written down.
- Creating a list in a multifunctional planner or notebook can help enhance your memory and can be a tool that can give you peace of mind while you travel.
- Facials or face masks, and water.
- Eye masks, moisturizer, and sunblock are used more consistently than ever.
- No matter how you travel, your skin and body gets dehydrated from all the energy you are using from getting here to there. Taking some extra time to add to your skin will help you look and feel good wherever you are.
Self -love, self-care
- Manicure, eyelash extensions, hair appointment.
- Be intentional about how you want to look, not how you should look.
- There’s nothing wrong with making yourself look as good as you feel, or feeling good about how you look. Look and feel your best self, especially on the trip you’ve worked so hard for.
- Immune support capsules, gummies, and tea.
- Start at least 1 week before your travel to get your body in preparation.
- Whenever your surroundings change, it is good to support your body in this new environment. Give yourself an extra health boost wherever you go.
Have a pre-travel tip or trick?
Share your pre-travel trip info that has helped you!