What You Need To Know About Mars Retrograde
You’ve probably already heard about Mercury Retrograde… but have you heard about Mars? Mars Retrograde happens once every two years, and it’s coming right around the corner in the sign of Gemini. Retrogrades happen when a planet appears to be moving backward in the sky. They are meant to teach us valuable lessons about reevaluating and retracing our steps. Sometimes we need to go back and revise things in our life before we are fully ready to move forward with the most clarity.
From October 30th to January 12th, 2023, Mars Retrograde will be inviting us to reconsider how we are exerting our energy. The infamous God of War represents our drive, passion, ambition, and the way we take action in the world. Mars is the fuel that drives our desires.
The shadow side of Mars can be impulsive, emotionally explosive, and destructive. Since Mars is retrograding in the sign of Gemini, we will likely be reflecting on the ways that we communicate, think, and express ourselves. We may need to take extra care to regulate our nervous systems and incorporate daily practices that help us release excessive mental energy.
But don’t panic! There are ways to thrive and gain powerful insights during this retrograde period. This is a valuable time to reflect on what is truly motivating us. Are we being driven by love or by negative belief systems? Mars Retrograde is an opportunity to transform patterns of self-sabotage and emotional reactivity. So, make the most of this energy because it has the potential to accelerate your growth!
Dos and Don't During Mars Retrograde in Gemini
- Do let your emotions settle before making important decisions.
- Do think before speaking, and consider if what you have to say is coming from a clear-headed space.
- Do incorporate nervous system regulating practices in your life like yoga, meditation, and journaling.
- Do stay calm and be mindful of your reactions.
- Don’t give in to drama and gossip. Stay in your lane.
- Don’t freak out if things aren’t going your way – instead, take the opportunity to revise your plans.
- Don’t overdo it with caffeine. Take adaptogens and herbs that will help you stay calm.
- Don’t burn bridges in the face of challenge – trust that things will blow over.